PhotonicSweden (PS) is the national platform for the Swedish photonics. It is an economic association which is a not for profit organisation. It was founded in 2011 by merging the activities of an association of companies called Swedoptronics with the networking activities of the Swedish Optical Society (SOS). PS manages as well the operational business of the SOS. PS has built working groups mirroring the ones of Photonics21. PS currently has 110 personal members and 50 company members out of which five are universities and research institutes.
PhotonicSweden aims at:
- Being the voice of the Swedish Photonics towards the Public, the Government and foreign and European organizations.
- Formulating national R&I agendas in Photonics.
- Increasing the collaboration between photonics industry, academia and institutes.
- PhotonicSweden shall catalyze fruitful cooperation between companies, universities, and institutes in the field of optics and photonics in Sweden and across the national borders.
- PhotonicSweden shall be a natural partner for Swedish and European funders and investors for product development and research.
- PhotonicSweden shall contribute to a healthy regrowth of engineers in optics and photonics.
- PhotonicSweden shall increase the awareness among the general public and politicians of the strategic importance of optics and photonics for the future of Sweden.