Steinbeis 2i GmbH (Coordinator)
Steinbeis 2i GmbH (S2i) was founded in 2016 as a 100 % spin-off of Steinbeis-Europa-Zentrum (SEZ). SEZ is a not for profit organisation within Steinbeis Innovation gGmbH (SIG). The spin-off Steinbeis 2i GmbH has taken over all staff members and competences from SEZ, so that the over 25 years’ experience of SEZ and the senior expertise of its staff in building innovation capacities in SME and supporting cross-border research and technology transfer is fully guaranteed and now executed by Steinbeis 2i.
S2i’s acts as:
- Member of the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) since 2008 with close to 600 participating organisations in over 50 countries, and is a reliable and experienced partner in the network for European technology transfer, promotion of exploitable European research results and innovation capacity building.
- The regional Contact Point for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
- A provider for Baden-Württemberg's Universities of Applied Science with information on European support programmes and supports them in formulating proposals and implementing European projects on behalf of the Ministry of Research, Science and the Arts Baden-Württemberg.
S2i’s core competences are:
- Companies, universities and research organisations are supported in submitting and implementing cross-border innovation projects, by identifying and selecting appropriate funding and innovation programmes as well as taking steps to internationalise and enter European markets.
- Assistance in the exploitation of research results, to promote trans-national technology transfer, to stimulate and support the innovation process in industrial companies and to provide professional training.
- Advice for policy makers and administrations on regional futures scenarios, on innovation and cluster policy issues and accompany knowledge exchange at the European level.
- Expert knowledge on communication and dissemination of research and innovation projects and their results.
- Facilitating networking among innovation actors, e.g. through the professional and competent organisation of European conferences and events